Phonics and Reading with McGuffey II
Building upon the success of our original Phonics and Reading program, Phonics and Reading with McGuffey II is the next in the series. This program is based upon the wildly successful “McGuffey’s First Eclectic Reader – Revised Edition”.
The tried and true McGuffey’s First Eclectic Reader develops basic reading comprehension skills for children as young as five all the way to adults learning to read. Using stories, word lists, phonics charts, and the original 19th-century illustrations, it is a timeless teaching tool. The McGuffey Readers are among the best known schoolbooks in the history of American education, having sold more than 120 million copies since the time of their first publication in 1836.
This one of a kind app contains all 63 lessons of the First Eclectic Reader, and is designed to teach students at a 2nd grade reading level.
Children are then taught, step by step, to use the building blocks of their language to form and pronounce words. Each lesson begins with a study of words used in the reading exercise – the words presented with markings to show correct pronunciation and syllabification.
Stories picture children in their relationship with family, teacher, friends, and animals. It’s noteworthy that McGuffey’s stories had emphasis in good human morality in addition teaching the language. And with that, reading comprehension comes into play.
Phonics and Reading with McGuffey II will:
- Act as your own personalized tutor
- Let students set their own pace, repeating or slowing down lessons as much as they like
- Guide your student step-by-step through reading and spelling practice
- Provide multi-sense learning including sound, vision, and motion to appeal to a wide variety of learning styles
- Utilize the power of synthetic phonics – the dyslexia-busting learning technique
- Be simple and easy to use for students at any level
This independence helps to develop a snowball of self-confidence, which pushes their learning forward at an ever-faster pace. Now that the lite version can be upgraded to the full version’s capabilities, you may want to try it out first. If you are a bulk buyer of educational software, this edition of Phonics and Reading with McGuffey II is the one you will want.
This app includes:
- All 63 McGuffey First Reader lessons
- All 44 letter sounds of English and their graphemes
- 60+ letter sound animations
- 700+ practice word vocabulary
- 10,900+ nonsense word audio dictionary
Not to mention, there is the joy of watching your student finally master the art of reading and begin enjoying a richer life as a result! Go ahead and download your copy of the app now – you can have a personal expert reading tutor installed on your computer in a matter of minutes.